Current Location and Address

UPDATE: Reassignment (click)

Puerto Rico, San Juan - East Mission


Puerto Rico, San Juan - Mission
E-mail: Brandon.bryan@myldsmail.net


(Remember to keep things upbeat and supportive try to not to share or say things that might distract or make him feel homesick.)


He will be happy to hear from you all.

Current Location:

P.O. box 33
Adjuntas, PR 00601

Mark 1:4 and 9

4 John did baptize in the wilderness, and preach the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins.

9 And it came to pass in those days, that Jesus came from Nazareth of Galilee, and was baptized of John in Jordan.


Christ was not baptized for the remission of sins because he had none. But, as Nephi recounts, he was baptized for the following reasons:
(1) As a token of humility before the Father;
(2) As a covenant that he would keep the commandments;
(3) As a prelude to receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost;
(4) To gain entrance to and be saved in the kingdom of God, for no one, not even the Son of God, can so obtain without baptism; and
(5) As a pattern and an example for all men, and so that he could say: “Follow thou me” and also, “He that is baptized in my name, to him will the Father give the Holy Ghost, like unto me; wherefore, follow me, and do the things which ye have seen me do.” (See 2 Ne. 31:5–12.)

Bruce R. McConkie, “A Man Called John,” New Era, May 1984, 4

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Re: We have travel plans!

Wed, Jun 22, 2011

WOO! Flights and times! :D actually, I hadn't gotten a specific itinerary yet... I think that might be coming soon... I had just gotten an envelope that mentioned that you should be getting my info soon about that... but now that I think just a little bit, I have a small feeling that I might not be getting any info... but I don't know for sure. However, that's why I just texted you just now. So I can find out. :) buuuut, I was thinking that very same thing. Saturday is an excellent time to have everyone there. People will be off and so they'll have more time to spend with me! :D yay, and then I get to go swimming! :D with my awesome arm and face tan. Outrageously, fantastic. I'll totally blind everyone with my crazy white legs! Yeah! So, awesome.

And SPEAKING of Sister Stout, I ran into Elder Stout Yesterday at interviews/training! He’s great, and in my zone! It was great running into him. He’s pretty funny, and we got to talk a bit about Puyallup and all the changes that have been going on back there. But he's doing great, and it will be excellent to be able to get some comida criolla ** (See notes below as translation is "creole food") when I get back. That way you guys can get some authentic Puerto Rican food instead of my measly substitute. :)

So like I mentioned, yesterday we had interviews with president as well as a training meeting. we learned a bit about "our legacy" or in other words, if we were to be going home soon, what kind of missionary, companion... and a few other things... ah, member of the ward council... stuff like that. Anyways, how would we want to be remembered? What’s our legacy? And we had district meeting after that. Nothing too exciting, but we didn't get done until 6:30 because we had some stuff to talk about with president. So... we weren't able to get too much done yesterday, either. :-/

Ja, ja, ja, yeah, president giving me a ridiculous amount of area just to keep me occupied is something that he would do. But it's been kinda difficult... we had a slight incident last week. Elder De Leon had taken the area book that the fourteen had prepared of all their super good investigators with him to be able to find their investigators...aaaand... unfortunately, he accidentally left it on the train... and we haven't been able to find it... downer. So we've just been out relying on the things that we had already written down in our planner, when, all of a sudden, the bishop in Santurce calls us up. Guess what? He has a copy of the area book! :D OH YEAH! Awesome. A total miracle, the church is true. But, I haven't been given any special assignments. Just to work like normal (or xtra hard, now) with all of our ridiculous area to cover. :) But, lucky Elder Snow, he's gonna be chillin by himself with president on Dominica his last week here. No details yet except for that. But still. Cool beans.

Man, Cristina totally looks like Hannah! That’s so weird... but, it sounds like they are going to be an EXCELLENT match for each other. :)

Yay eagle project! :D it's gonna be great. I'm excited to build wolf houses. When’s he gonna start, the whole thing?

So, yeah. You never texted me, you bum! :P how am I supposed to know what my flights are so I can talk about it everyone else? :P

Gosh. But, I love you more than I love nice surprises about me coming home! And chocolate cake.

~Elder Bryan (Brandon)

* comida criolla = creole food,
* cocina criolla = creole cuisine

** The principal cooking style in Puerto Rican cuisine is called “cocina criolla”, which literally means Creole cooking. Creole cooking is generally associated with Louisiana’s Cajun cuisine, but that’s not what we have here. In the Spanish speaking islands, “criollo” refers to Spanish Americans of European descent. Hence, “cocina criolla” is the cuisine created by the European (mostly Spanish) colonists using their traditional recipes coalesced with native Caribbean foods and cooking styles.

No comments:

Post a Comment