Current Location and Address

UPDATE: Reassignment (click)

Puerto Rico, San Juan - East Mission


Puerto Rico, San Juan - Mission
E-mail: Brandon.bryan@myldsmail.net


(Remember to keep things upbeat and supportive try to not to share or say things that might distract or make him feel homesick.)


He will be happy to hear from you all.

Current Location:

P.O. box 33
Adjuntas, PR 00601

Mark 1:4 and 9

4 John did baptize in the wilderness, and preach the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins.

9 And it came to pass in those days, that Jesus came from Nazareth of Galilee, and was baptized of John in Jordan.


Christ was not baptized for the remission of sins because he had none. But, as Nephi recounts, he was baptized for the following reasons:
(1) As a token of humility before the Father;
(2) As a covenant that he would keep the commandments;
(3) As a prelude to receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost;
(4) To gain entrance to and be saved in the kingdom of God, for no one, not even the Son of God, can so obtain without baptism; and
(5) As a pattern and an example for all men, and so that he could say: “Follow thou me” and also, “He that is baptized in my name, to him will the Father give the Holy Ghost, like unto me; wherefore, follow me, and do the things which ye have seen me do.” (See 2 Ne. 31:5–12.)

Bruce R. McConkie, “A Man Called John,” New Era, May 1984, 4

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Re: difficulties?

Wed, Jun 01, 2011

Ok. so, to start with your questions. :)

Oh ha ha ha. no. :P it was just some settings that I had been playing around with so I had some difficulties finding my email and everything. nothing serious, but it's all solved now. I just finished working it all out.

However, NO, I didn't have any difficulties finding the post office. so your package should be there between two to three days. :) Oh yeah. That’s right. It’s done! :D

For puffy: no, not that I have noticed. I haven’t felt bloated or puffy at all... heh, in fact, I feel a little LESS than puffy, if that means anything. XD

So, info about Adjuntas. We're actually covering Adjuntas, Utuado, AND Jayuya. Adjuntas has a Branch of about 45 attendees on average, and Utuado is a much smaller Branch of only 26-30... and we only go to there every Saturday except for the second, when instead we go Sunday. Jayuya members USED to have a branch, but it got so small that everyone there was just moved to go to Adjuntas. However, there are quite a few Return missionaries here. As a matter of fact, I might have to say that it's the place with the MOST that I'VE been to at least. the Branch president and his wife are both RMs, the stake president who lives in this area is an RM, the ward mission leaders son (EQ Pres) is also one... and then I believe there is one other one... I can't remember at the moment... but yeah. I'll try to get that back. but there is a TON of willing members to help us, from what I've seen. When sister Commeletti left she told us that the Branch was pretty ready for Elders because of all the opportunities that it presents. Which is quite true. There’s many, many less active men here that we can now work with without a hindrance. Perfect, cause that’s what builds the church. Priesthood and families. :3

Oh yeah. Elder De Leon the guatemateco is GREAT! He’s quite the jovial fellow, I would say. for some reason he makes me think a little bit of dad. :) however... his English isn't the greatest... lol, but we read out of the white handbook morning in English, and just that is enough to help him... however, I want to start maybe getting a plan together to help him get started working on it more. (President Alvarado learned all of his English on his mission btw. :)  )

So, quick intermission: I just emailed Cameron to let him know that he could borrow my small practice amp (the squire one), so if he stops by asking for it, you know why. :) However, the connections on the inside have to be rearranged. :) I modded it so that it would be a speaker cab instead of an amp, so I don't know if dad or somebody would be able to help with that? I dunno. Brother Keys probably knows too. After all, he DOES work with electricity. ;) so yeah. That’s that.

Ok, so back to your questions. I DO still continue as district leader, however, from the things that I've been told from Elder Varner and Elder Black, it's only going to be for these two more weeks... I'm not exactly sure why president told Elder Black and not me... disorganization maybe? However, I'm also secretly training Elder De Leon to be the next district leader as well, so I'm giving him fun assignments to do in district meeting. :3 in regards to the length of the special project... I have no idea... I DO want to give Elder Varner a call to get things a more definite response as to what’s going on, so I might get more information about that next week.

Our new address is a actually a post office box... probably to cut out mail problems... it's
P.O. box 33
Adjuntas, PR 00_ _ _ algo...
I can't really remember the postal code... eh... poop. Nope, it's not coming. (We know what it is: 00601) Buuuut, I think it' might just be better to wait on that, seeing as I'm going to be moving in two weeks again anyways... so really, things could just get sent to the mission office for now, until I get the more permanent address alla en Bayamon where we’re going to be doing the project (but I talked with Elder Varner the first time, and there have been some Elders from the big group that have gone out to the islands for proselytizing... heh, so I might get to go out there! :D FREAKin' sweet. but we're staying in the bottom floor of a members house. we have a room, a study room, a storage room, a living room, a kitchen AND TWO BATHROOMS! Woo! It’s really is quite a nice place. Partly, because there used to be sisters here, and the other part because it's a members house instead of an apartment. :)

One more intermission: just got an email back from Cameron. Turns out he already knew about the prob and just went to buy one on eBay to make it easier. ;) All done.

YAY, Robin’s new kitty is so cute! :3

Other than that, no word on my travel plans... I'm gonna have to ask Elder Varner about that too... *on list*

But yes, I'm gonna have to bust a move so that I can finally write president. :)

I love you more than I love those absolutely wonderful coquís  outside of our house. and that EVH surf board. (awesome!)

~Brandon (Elder Bryan)

(A coqui is a tiny tree frog that lives only in Puerto Rico & EVH = Eddie Van Halen)

No comments:

Post a Comment