Current Location and Address

UPDATE: Reassignment (click)

Puerto Rico, San Juan - East Mission


Puerto Rico, San Juan - Mission
E-mail: Brandon.bryan@myldsmail.net


(Remember to keep things upbeat and supportive try to not to share or say things that might distract or make him feel homesick.)


He will be happy to hear from you all.

Current Location:

P.O. box 33
Adjuntas, PR 00601

Mark 1:4 and 9

4 John did baptize in the wilderness, and preach the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins.

9 And it came to pass in those days, that Jesus came from Nazareth of Galilee, and was baptized of John in Jordan.


Christ was not baptized for the remission of sins because he had none. But, as Nephi recounts, he was baptized for the following reasons:
(1) As a token of humility before the Father;
(2) As a covenant that he would keep the commandments;
(3) As a prelude to receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost;
(4) To gain entrance to and be saved in the kingdom of God, for no one, not even the Son of God, can so obtain without baptism; and
(5) As a pattern and an example for all men, and so that he could say: “Follow thou me” and also, “He that is baptized in my name, to him will the Father give the Holy Ghost, like unto me; wherefore, follow me, and do the things which ye have seen me do.” (See 2 Ne. 31:5–12.)

Bruce R. McConkie, “A Man Called John,” New Era, May 1984, 4

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Re: Woohoo, a package!

Wed, Jun 08, 2011

Oh yeah. I told you I was gonna send it. :3 I just didn't want you to lose faith in me, either. But at least Donny and Hannah liked what they got. :3 Donny got his sticker, right? I was gonna stay with the sweet bracelets, but I guess president hadn’t been very happy with some other elders that had been using 'em, and he had instructed the assistants to start confiscating them if they saw them... so, I saved them by letting them know that I wasn't using them and that I was going to send them home. :) What? I like socks! "You can never have too many socks." ;) yeah, I stole those artifacts (the shells) from the Guancha. Those are for you guys. They’re still in there, right?

So, Elder de Leon has been out about a year and a half and he's still great. I just love his sense of humor. :) And he's been very valuable, especially recently with some uprisings in the district about the foundation *gulp* naw, it's not that bad. There were just some members in the district that don't understand about the doctrine behind the foundation... so after a talk with the zone leaders, threes gonna be a tradeoff so that they can minister unto them the doctrine. So we'll see how that goes... heh... yeah. Just some fun stuff about misunderstandings. That’s all. But he's also been helping me out teaching some of the new stuff that they are starting to implement in the MTC and in the missions. All the doctrine that we want to start implementing in our teaching to make us more powerful teach

And I'm trying to remember where president served his mission but neither I, nor elder De Leon can remember at the moment... darn it... :-/ but I know at the very least it was in the states. :)

So, changes and upcoming activities: I haven't heard anything NEW as of yet... but if I understand correctly; I should be busting a move out of Adjuntas next P-Day... AH! Ah, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, just kidding. I've been told by Elder Varner that the idea is that we are going... well, Elder Snow, Elder Hicken, Elder Shmutz and I will be going, to Trujillo Alto, to be working with four Dominicans up there. We’re going to be splitting up? I guess. And Elder Barr and Elder Varner will be staying as Zone Leader and Assistant, respectively, until the transfer ends and then the last two weeks they will be joining us... but I don't know what will be happening after they join us... I THINK there will be a change of plans, but I don't know what. Soooooo.... I'm not sure HOW certain the islands plan is at the moment... I guess it was a cool thought, but unless we get to bust a move out there the last two weeks, I think it might not happen. *sigh* oh wells... I guess I'll just have to hit them up when I come back to Puerto Rico. ;)

Aw man... Brother keys only works in employee safety? Aw man... dang it. Ha. Ha, well... he might know SOMETHING about it, right? At the very least, if he plugs something into the magic wall, it comes ALIVE? ;)

Ha, ha, ha, when I read about Donny’s deck I laughed. But, at least it's a board, right? speaking of skating... heh, heh, a few weeks ago, Elder Black and I had been at an investigators house and after passing by numerous times, we were finally able to make a connection with the kids. So, in order to let Elder Black practice some more Spanish, I decided to fellowship the kids a little bit. After talking for a few minutes, turns out, the two sons really, really like to skate. Well, he ran up and grabbed some boards and brought them back down. And then made me choose one. So, I've learned how to skate. Kind of. :D I actually like it quite a bit though. Really fun.

Kind of a downer that Ella's mom doesn't want her to come up this year... but at the very least she finally replied. :P goodness. You know what we should just do? Let’s just kidnap her. Let’s just go on a trip to Brazil, and oh so conveniently stop by her house when her mom isn't there and just take her. That should be fine, right? We just have to tell her to pack her bags for some mysterious reason beforehand ya! It’s so easy a caveman could do it.

So... a Costco cake for my return, eh? You know... I had been writing to Tahnee about that... and she had actually asked me if I had wanted her to make me a cake for my return as well... but I don't know if she had wanted to make a big one for my glorious return party, or if she was just going to make me a personal cake... I'll have to ask about that... especially because I haven't been able to write anybody letters for the last little while... :-/ however, you know I like chocolate cake. :3 and that with chocolate frosting. But that’s just me.

***

Hey, sorry I haven't been able to get this sent sooner... as I was typing the power went out... :-/ total downer. But, at the very least I had all of it saved, so I just had to finish a sentence when I got back. Bonus. :)

But yes... I guess I can just leave it at that... ironically I didn't even really need that much more to write... I just needed to SEND the darn thing... but whatever, I guess. I got to send it, and I got an email from Elder Patrick! (CCM comp) woot! So I got to reply to that just now too! :D

But, I love you more than Elder De Leon loves food. ;) (Don’t tell him I said that)
~Elder Bryan (Brandon)



ah, and included foto:

1) left to right: Me, Elder Jensen, and Elder Hargadon. Elder Black took the picture because he didn't have any skinny jeans to join us... :-/ first time I saw it it looked like an add for skinny jeans! :) oh yeah. so there it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment