Current Location and Address

UPDATE: Reassignment (click)

Puerto Rico, San Juan - East Mission


Puerto Rico, San Juan - Mission
E-mail: Brandon.bryan@myldsmail.net


(Remember to keep things upbeat and supportive try to not to share or say things that might distract or make him feel homesick.)


He will be happy to hear from you all.

Current Location:

P.O. box 33
Adjuntas, PR 00601

Mark 1:4 and 9

4 John did baptize in the wilderness, and preach the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins.

9 And it came to pass in those days, that Jesus came from Nazareth of Galilee, and was baptized of John in Jordan.


Christ was not baptized for the remission of sins because he had none. But, as Nephi recounts, he was baptized for the following reasons:
(1) As a token of humility before the Father;
(2) As a covenant that he would keep the commandments;
(3) As a prelude to receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost;
(4) To gain entrance to and be saved in the kingdom of God, for no one, not even the Son of God, can so obtain without baptism; and
(5) As a pattern and an example for all men, and so that he could say: “Follow thou me” and also, “He that is baptized in my name, to him will the Father give the Holy Ghost, like unto me; wherefore, follow me, and do the things which ye have seen me do.” (See 2 Ne. 31:5–12.)

Bruce R. McConkie, “A Man Called John,” New Era, May 1984, 4

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Re: On to??????

Wed, Jun 15, 2011

Woo hoo! Alright, so I think I'm gonna start with news about my project! :D

Alrighty! So, to start out: I'm in Caparra! Pretty much, it's just right next to the mission office. I still don't know the address, but I'm so close to the mission office that you might as well just send stuff to there, I suppose. BUT, we started the project on Monday. :) We are essentially taking over the big group’s area here in Hato Rey, Trujillo Alto, and Rio Piedras. And I guess president has decided to trust me the most or something, because he's given us four areas to work in, instead of two. Or maybe he just wanted to stress out my comp. xD but yes. So we are going to be covering most of Hato Rey for the next three weeks, and then when Elder Varner and Elder Barr come in, they will take their rightful places and take half our area away. :) but yes, we're getting the freaking sweet apartment that they had been staying in, with A/C, and 7 bunk beds, and two fridges, and WAY too much silverware. The down side is that threes STILL only one bathroom. :'( but at the very least threes only four of us, and not 14 like there HAD been in there. jeeze, I don't even want to imagine trying to run through all of them in an hour y pico. horrible. so for the last two days we've been running around like a head with its chicken cut off trying to get things organized. we have a baptism planned for this Friday night, and she hasn't received all of the commandments, but president wants the baptism for this Friday because it would be the perfect way to end for the group... but yesterday we had a ridiculous day trying to get Elder Ramirez's stuff here from Santurce. ha,, ha, ha... goodness. did you know that Obama came and gave a speech here yesterday? did you also know that it causes lots of traffic and if you try to go to where you need to go, all the police don't let you, and so you have to take a detour... and drive for forty five minutes trying to figure out where you are, and that when you finally call someone and get directions, the only way back is through bumper to bumper traffic without moving even a single inch for yet another forty-five minutes? yeah. don't go anywhere near an Obama speech if you have an appointment at noon. ha , ha, ha, lol. yeah, that was good stuff. we didn't get everything done till about 1:30. :) AH! And then, to make the day an even bigger adventure, we needed to get a bike pass to take out bikes on the train/subway, right? so after we get THAT figured out, we just left our bikes at the office, grabbed some 2x2 fotos, and take the subway with our shiny new 1 month unlimited pass over to the next stop to take out our bike pass. Well, turns out Elder Ramirez on accident left his ID at home... yup. And you NEED one to get a bike train pass. Oh-yes. :3 so he couldn't get one. But, we got to the mission office, and we're like... alright. I don't want to deal with this, we're late, and we need to go. So we snuck him on. Oh yes. Well, that went well. And then, it's time to go home. Let’s go back to the train! WEE! Let’s sneak Elder Ramirez back on the train! :D *record scratch* security? WHAT?! What do you mean he can't get on? Doh! Great. Now what? Well, we decided to just go to the next station. :3 guess what? The Lord blessed us with NO security guards at this one. Yup, that’s right. Not a single one at the counter. Woo! So we just busted a move right on up there and made it home RIGHT at nine thirty. Oh yeah. Freaking sweet day there for ya.

Woo! Long paragraph that one. :) But it sounds like the missionary work is going GREAT there! I bet the missionaries LOVE you guys. How goes that referral that you gave to the missionaries of the lady that was in the military? Anything back about that?

YAY! I’m so glad that my letters made it home safe. :3 I didn't know that it would be cheaper for a bigger box like that... I guess it would be a good idea then to just get all my things that I want to send home together now and just do it all in a bigger box? I'll look into that.

Also, what are Narnia holes?

I'm going to try and get some pictures of Elder de Leon... I can't send any pictures today, because the library where we're at has somehow disabled the use of USB, so I should be able to get that to you next week if I don't send them in a package. :) I'll try and get all that figured out soon so I can cut down on some of the stuff that I've got... I need some space! I've got so much study stuff... but at least I have less than SOME of the Elders that are going home... they had to super downsize. (Yes, Elder De Leon LOVES to eat. and my NEW comp is even bigger. ;) )

ah... but We're out of time for today... send me some pics of Christina! I wanna see who's going to be invading our house!

I love you more than I love sitting in traffic! :D

~Elder Brandon Bryan

No comments:

Post a Comment